When you become a member, you will…
- Feel more connected to the nonprofit community in California
- Add your voice to our advocacy work in Sacramento, with philanthropy and the public
- Get great rates at a one-stop shop for health insurance and other insurances
- Simplify your life with helpful information you can trust and an expanding list of partners offering discounts on your everyday expenses
Here’s how to join:
Find out which membership level is right for you and how much it costs here.
Sign up now to get all the benefits of CalNonprofits membership!
Download our registration form and mail it with your check.
Questions? Contact our Membership Manager
Want more details on all of the benefits of membership in CalNonprofits? Read on!
Insurance and Risk Management
Insurance - health, liability, worker's comp, D&O, and more! Members have exclusive access to CalNonprofits Insurance Services
(CIS) an insurance brokerage designed by and for nonprofit organizations. Experts in the Covered California insurance marketplace our agents are helping nonprofits select the best plans and enrolling their part-time and occasional workers, plus dependents of current employees. CIS has been serving the nonprofit sector with a commitment to quality and cost savings for over 30 years. NEW! PurchasingPointPurchasingPoint
is an exclusive discount program for nonprofits that leverages group buying power to get access to significant savings from more than 200 vendors -- Enterprise, Alamo and National rental cars, Sprint phones and plans, Pitney Bowes mailing systems, Konica Minolta copiers, and many more! Members-Only Library of Articles, Samples and Templates
Members can access templates, policy samples, and articles on financial management, board governance and human resources to help your organization stay compliant. Administrative SupportOffice Depot
- members save up to 35% on online purchases of office supplies, furniture, computer supplies and printing services.UPS
- members can save up to 30% on UPS shipping.Idealware
webinars - members save 20% on webinar series Marketing
Ready to promote your cause in a big way? Great Kolor
offers printing and placement of giant ads on buses, in train stations and on outdoor kiosks across California. Nonprofits get great rates: while locations, times and venues are very different, Great Kolor historically comes in at - or below - 20 cents on the dollar for outdoor advertising campaigns. The consulting fee is waived for Members and you get access to quarterly email updates on low cost/no cost availability of public service ad space so you can take advantage of "right now" deals! Employment Law Resource HR360.com
- Members get FREE access to HR360's complete online library of HR tools, checklists, and forms! This resource will help protect your nonprofit from compliance problems by providing quick, accurate answers to California and federal employment law questions. Refer regularly to this one-stop website with easy to understand explanations and forms. Unemployment Insurance ManagementUnemployment Services Trust
helps nonprofit organizations save money on their unemployment costs. Check out the "What Every Nonprofit Should Know About Unemployment Insurance" presentation
! Background checksCOEUS Global
offers great rates and responsive customer service to CalNonprofits members – including setting up your own online portal for volunteers and staff to enter their information and, if you choose, to ask them if they want to cover the cost of the background check (about 20% of volunteers say yes to this option!) They can also process LiveScan fingerprint background checks – and help you figure out what kind of information you really need to collect. Plus – all the information is stored on their secure servers so you don’t have to worry about keeping sensitive personal information in your files. Intellicorp Records
- $14.95 records search background checks available for your nonprofit employees/volunteers - includes criminal search, sex offender registry, SSN verification with address history and Terrorist search (OFAC). Accounting and Finance
Stop giving extra money to Paypal or Eventbrite! Switch to the slightly-more-complicated but significantly less expensive interchange-plus pricing with Dharma Merchant Services
. You can accept payments in person with a terminal, on your smartphone or tablet, or online. If you process $2000 or more in payments each month, this program can save you hundreds of dollars in fees.
Outsourced bookkeeping and accounting services from Jitasa
. Jitasa is the largest national accounting and bookkeeping service provider dedicated solely to the nonprofit sector. Members of CalNonprofits receive 1 month of bookkeeping and accounting services for free.Provident Credit Union
- Tired of big banks with their mediocre (at best) customer service and high fees? Join Provident Credit Union! Your employees or your organization can open accounts and use the services of this great alternative to the the big banks through their network of sister branches around the state. Retirement Plan ManagementRetirement Benefits Group
(RGB) - offers retirement plan management and assessment services. CalNonprofits members receive a 20% discount on all retirement plan services related to 403(b), 401(k), 475(b), and defined benefit plans. Additionally, members receive a one-time complimentary independent benchmark report of all plan related expenses and investment performance compared to their peer groups (a $500 value); included is an evaluation of overall plan-design effectiveness and a guide to the most common plan administration pitfalls. Audio and Web ConferencingReadyTalk Services
- provides significant savings to CalNonprofits members on conferencing and other managed virtual meeting solutions. Choose audio, video, web, or webcast solutions. Comprehensive programs provide seamless, turn-key events reinforced by exceptional customer service and support. PublicationsStanford Social Innovation Review
- provides a 20% discount on subscriptions to CalNonprofits members.The Nonprofit Quarterly
- CalNonprofits members save 20% on subscriptions.